cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Different types of Switches supports L3 Routing...

Dear All,

I would like to know how many and what are the Cisco Switches that supports L3 Routing...

Regards,

Yaseen

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I ain't going to talk about the Linksys line because I have very limited knowledge of their capabilities.

In regards to the Cisco Catalyst range, the 3560-, 3750-, 4500-series switches are Layer 3 capable.  All you need is to enable the right feature set.

The Catalyst 2960/G/S is capable of running static routing if you run the correct IOS.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

dominic.caron
Level 5
Level 5

Almost all of them. The SMB switch are usualy L2. You need to look at the datasheet to find out.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I ain't going to talk about the Linksys line because I have very limited knowledge of their capabilities.

In regards to the Cisco Catalyst range, the 3560-, 3750-, 4500-series switches are Layer 3 capable.  All you need is to enable the right feature set.

The Catalyst 2960/G/S is capable of running static routing if you run the correct IOS.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card