cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do you have to use the port on the back of the 145AC?

aaaaaa69127
Level 1
Level 1

I'm considering the Cisco Business 145AC access point for a home setup. However, I'm renting and don't have the ability to install the device on the wall or a rail--I'll probably throw it under my sofa.

From looking at the instructions, it looks like I need to plug a cable in from the back of the unit (i.e., from the inside of a wall plate) into my firewall. This would prevent the unit from sitting flat on the ground. Could I instead connect the AP to my firewall using one of the ports on the bottom of the unit instead? This would allow it to sit flat on the ground much easier.

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Looking at the installation guide, #7 is a POE-uplink port but you can probably use any one of the LAN ports in front instead so the AP can sit flat on the ground.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/csbap/CBW145/QSG/78-101504-01A0_Final.pdf

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card