cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CBS350-8XT switch support 5GBASE-T standard and 5G port speed?

pkostrytsia
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We recently purchased the Cisco CBS350-8XT for our setup with 5 Gbps devices. However, while installing it, I found that it doesn't have an option for 5G speed in its dashboard, and the link automatically set to 1000M port speed.

I just wanted to confirm with you that this switch model doesn't support 5G speed and only supports 100M/1000M/10G port speed, and I can do nothing about it except return this switch and purchase another one.

2 Replies 2

ammahend
VIP
VIP

I am not an expert on these switches but based on datasheet the switches which support 5Gig or multi-gig clearly mention they support 5Gig, this switch does not mention that (see table 1 port section), based on this it doesn't seem like switch supports 5Gig.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/business-350-series-managed-switches/datasheet-c78-744156.html

-hope this helps-

pkostrytsia
Level 1
Level 1

I see. I assumed that if the switch claims support for 10GBASE-T, it implies that it also supports the lower speeds. And partially, it is true because 100M and 1G speeds are supported, despite being omitted in the documentation. I am curious whether that is a hardware or software limitation, although I probably shouldn't expect the answer in this thread.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card