cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does NME-AIR-WLC6-K9 module for Cisco 2811 router support any accesspoints?

Tommy Svensson
Level 1
Level 1

Does NME-AIR-WLC6-K9 module for Cisco 2811 router support any accesspoints? Can i assign SSID to VLAN with this solution and let the router route between wired and wireless LAN?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sudkulka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NME-AIR-WLC6 can support all LWAPP and CAPWAP APs.

Refer to Release notes for the software running on this module to know list of AP models supported

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/prod_release_notes_list.html

Look under Cisco Unified Wireless Network Solution Components

You can create SSIDs and assign vlans via dynamic interfaces on the controller tiself.

As for the router, the Integrated Service Engine interface that appears on router connects to NME internally and is same as any on-board L3 router port (gig0/0 or gig0/1). Routing can be configured between these interfaces.

View solution in original post

NME-AIR-WLC6 should support up to 16 WLANs (WLAN id 1-16)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

sudkulka
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

NME-AIR-WLC6 can support all LWAPP and CAPWAP APs.

Refer to Release notes for the software running on this module to know list of AP models supported

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/prod_release_notes_list.html

Look under Cisco Unified Wireless Network Solution Components

You can create SSIDs and assign vlans via dynamic interfaces on the controller tiself.

As for the router, the Integrated Service Engine interface that appears on router connects to NME internally and is same as any on-board L3 router port (gig0/0 or gig0/1). Routing can be configured between these interfaces.

Given the solution of ME-AIR-WLC6-K9 module for Cisco 2811 router with LWAPP AP´s. How many SSID can i use at the same time? I would like to get around 10 SSID with different VLAN to each and everyone.

Regards

NME-AIR-WLC6 should support up to 16 WLANs (WLAN id 1-16)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card