cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Does the CISCO 2960-X supports 2 ISPs for 2 different application?

draj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I would like to check, would it be possible for us to connect 2 ISPs(Point-Point or WAN) to CISCO 2960-X for 2 systems?. Attached sample network diagram. Please advise.

Much appreciated in advance.

Regards,

draj

4 Replies 4

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi, 

I am not sure what you want to archive. If you want to only connect like your diagram then yes it is possible. Create two VLANs and disabled unwanted protocols such as CDP/LLDP etc. 

Assigned SYSTEM1 and ISP 1 in VLAN 2

Assigned SYSTEM2 and ISP2 in VLAN 3 

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

Hi, Deepak Kumar,

Thank you for the clarification.

This is to achieve the client at B-end should be able to receive automatic voice broadcast messages from the A-end thru the ISP1 or vice-versa and the needs of the ISP2 to receive the data signal from one end to another end. Would it be possible to simulate this scenario in any simulation tools like packet tracer, etc..? How am I going to generate the payload to do the test to make sure it works fine before connecting to the actual/live system?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,

draj

Hello,

how are your ISPs going to be connected to the switch ? I guess you could simply create two Vlans, and then use each one of them to connect to the respective ISP, in theory. Keep in mind though that the 2960X does not support NAT.

localnetwork
Level 1
Level 1

Simply create two vlans, each dedicated to the specific ISP. 

!

Vlan 998

name ISP-1

!

vlan 999

name ISP-2

!

Then assign the interfaces with a vlan corresponding to the ISP. Lets say you have two ASAs or FTDs that you need to assign one interface with IPS 1 and the other with ISP2

interface gig1/0/1

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 998

spanning-tree portfast

Description TO_FTD

!

interface gig1/0/2

switchport mode access

switchport access vlan 999

spanning-tree portfast

description TO_FTD_IPS2

!

no cdp run

!

The 2960x/xr switches are supported by Cisco (Security Support) until October 2027 so those should be useful for a while. Regarding Mamory/Flash/CPU, you should be good to go! 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card