cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DRAM slot usage on 1760 Voice router

slaterc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 1760 router with 96MB DRAM. Is there a way I can find out, without opening the router up, (1) how many slots there are for installing DRAM; and (2) which of the slots are occupied with DRAM and which are free?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

I think with 1760, only one DIMM slot is available and in ur router, it is fixed with 64 MB RAM.This router already has 32MB on board by default; plus the 64Mb DIMM; total 96Mb.SO, to upgrade u may have to remove that 64MB and replae it with the memory size u want. But as of now, there is not any command that will tell you which banks or slota are filled for dram. They are looking into implamenting this in future ios's. But as of now there is no command.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

a-vazquez
Level 6
Level 6

I think with 1760, only one DIMM slot is available and in ur router, it is fixed with 64 MB RAM.This router already has 32MB on board by default; plus the 64Mb DIMM; total 96Mb.SO, to upgrade u may have to remove that 64MB and replae it with the memory size u want. But as of now, there is not any command that will tell you which banks or slota are filled for dram. They are looking into implamenting this in future ios's. But as of now there is no command.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card