Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual C2960 Nic Teaming

Ahmad Khalifa
Level 1
Level 1

i have this senario as Shown in to the Pic

i have to power of one Of the Switches so the Servers(using NIC Teaming Feature Indepndent Switch) can be Reachable otherwise when the 2 switches is on i lost Connection

configuration on both Switches is the Same Mirror

so can any body advice me

7 Replies 7

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Can't be done. 

The switches must form a logical stack.  Like a 2960S or a 3750, 3850 or 3650.

can you explain why what exaltly preventing on current switchs

Ok, look at this from this point of view ...

If you have two 2960S/X, 3750, 3650 or 3850 and they form a single switch, then you can easily form an etherchannel even though the NICs are going to two physical switch. 

How can you form an etherchannel from two plain-2960 switch to a single server?  You can't.

ok

if i need to look to this in deep which Refersnce i can use like CCNP -SWITCH Book or somewhere else can you specify it to me Please

Check out this document:  Configuring EtherChannels and look at Figure 37-3.

thank you very much

also i noted that there is no mac - address come from the 2nd switch to the first FW becuase i though that the 2nd link whiches go to the 2nd switch is active , it was and still stand by the the default behavior of thr redundant interface on the FW

but i think to fix that work with 2960S Stack with ethernetchannel on the firewall what do you thing

BR

but i think to fix that work with 2960S Stack with ethernetchannel on the firewall what do you thing

That's correct.  The NIC ports need to go to a single LOGICAL switch.  If you stack, say, two or more of their 3750, 3650, 3850, 2960S/X, then what you are doing is creating a single LOGICAL switch.  This will enable etherchannel across multiple PHYSICAL switch.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card