cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual-homing stackwise virtual pair to the ISP router

mateens
Level 1
Level 1

Current setup is (one) core switch 6509 with default route to (one) ISP router( isp router not under my administration, i have to ask for specific configuration changes).

Soon We will migrate the core to stackwise virtual pair of c9407s.

How do i achieve dual homing to the same ISP ,  incase active switch fails ?

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the Device is Singled Home connection you will not get that HA availability.

What you can do from Up-link router have 2 Interface, stretch that to other switch in theirs case you are sure, it is fully meshed and resilience can be taken care.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

What about doing a layer 3 ether channel from SW1 and SW2 in stackwise virtual core to the ISP router ?

mateens
Level 1
Level 1

We have also possibility to connect SW1 and SW2 with two separate links to two separate ISP routers but not sure how can i do this...

Do you have 2 routers for ISP, or both ISP terminating with 1 router.

what is the existing arrangement.

If have only 1 router, 1st image you provided should for you.

If you have 2 routers, that need also required dual homes connection to south bound switches to get resilience setup.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hello
Unfortunaley not enough information at this time to provide an acurate suggestion howerver you have options to employ various desgins for HA even routing resilency but for that can you provide some more detail surrounding the connectivity towards your ISPs.

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

@paul driver 

@balaji.bandi 

Single ISP: Dual links, Dual routers at both ends

The connectivity towards ISP router is via a static default route currently. 

What are my config options when i connect our new core switches(stackwise virtual) with 2 different ISP routers of single provider ? I understand i had to use bgp ?

What bgp config would be ideal in my senario ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card