Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual-sup design

Ahmad Kefaya
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I'm very confused regarding dual sup design, I read a lot of documents regarding Dual sup design i know that we can setup sups as "SSO || RPR" mode, Just i want to confirm if All ports in both sups will forward traffics OR just ports in the active sup will send traffic & standby Sup all ports will be as standby !!

Regards,

Ahmad Kefaya

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends on the sup model but in most cases, you can use both sups ports at the same time.

For example, you can create a Portchannel with one port from primary sup and one port from the backup sup and it works fine. There are some limitations as to how many ports from each sup you can use at the same time but in general, you can use ports from both sups.

HTH 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It depends on the sup model but in most cases, you can use both sups ports at the same time.

For example, you can create a Portchannel with one port from primary sup and one port from the backup sup and it works fine. There are some limitations as to how many ports from each sup you can use at the same time but in general, you can use ports from both sups.

HTH 

Dear Reza,

Thank you for your explanation, it's clear now 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card