cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplex mismatch with Cisco 2600 and Cisco 2960

A.K.M. Sayeed
Level 1
Level 1

I have more than 16 router in my office. One of them is Cisco 2611 connect e0/0 to the local LAN and e0/1 to the radio modem. Both interface was running in full duplex mode. But the radio modem is running in half duplex mode. Yesterday I have connected a new Cisco 2960 switch to the e0/0 of the router and the switch shows duplex mismatch with e0/0 (shows half duplex in switch console terminal but actually it was full duplex mode) interface of the router. But both device was in full duplex mode the router and the switch.

When I set half duplex in both switch and router; the switch doesn't shows any error. But when both device is in full duplex mode the switch conflicts with router shows Duplex Mismatch in E0/0 of router in half duplex mode and the switch is in full duplex mode.

I guess is it the radio Modem that affects the duplex settings of Router or switch?

Or is it the IOS related issue that conflicts with switch and router?

I like to operate all the devices in full duplex mode. Whatever about the radio modem the router and switch should work in full duplex mode isnt it?

Is there any other settings to operate all these devices in full duplex mode? I have attached a picture of that for reference.

Please help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Sayeed ,

I think your Cisco2600 router interface connecting to radio modem is supporting only 10Mbps . If this is the case please set both raiomodem interface and router interface to 10/Full manually and  I hope that this will work fine

I guess is it the radio Modem that affects the duplex settings of Router or switch?

When you are connecting a 100/Full interface to a device having 10/Full device ,with speed auto/duplex auto config. ,the 100/Full interface will negotiate 10/half and this will show as duplex mistmatch

Or is it the IOS related issue that conflicts with switch and router? .This has nothing to do with IOS !

Regards,

haris

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Haris P
Level 4
Level 4

Dear Sayeed ,

I think your Cisco2600 router interface connecting to radio modem is supporting only 10Mbps . If this is the case please set both raiomodem interface and router interface to 10/Full manually and  I hope that this will work fine

When you are connecting a 100/Full interface to a device having 10/Full device ,with speed auto/duplex auto config. ,the 100/Full interface will negotiate 10/half and this will show as duplex mistmatch

Or is it the IOS related issue that conflicts with switch and router? .This has nothing to do with IOS !

Regards,

haris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco