Views
Helpful
Replies

Duplex negociation problem Nexus 3K

Hacen.bani
Level 1
Level 1

hi team,

i have problem with an port in nexus 3K connected to an equipement work in 10 mb and full duplex

i put under the port the config:

int eth 1/7

sw mo acc

sw acc vlan X

duplex full

speed 10

but the port always work in half duplex and is not stable

please some one help me ?

thanks

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- How do you identify 'not stable' 2) Does your device use full-duplex when connected to another switch-platform and does it then remain stable?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

hello,
thank you for your reply
it's not stable because sametimes i can see the mac of equipement sametimes
2) Yes the equipement was connected in another switch 3850 and it's in full duplex and fonctional stable

- What happens if auto-defaults are used for duplex and speed-settings (no directives in the port-configuration) ? Especially after doing so , disconnect and connect the device again to the port , then after 30 secs issue the command show logging on the switch. Is there any additional info ?

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

yes i put the port auto auto
i had this result in the show logg command

2020 Apr 6 13:28:18 C7SWiOOB01 %ETHPORT-5-SPEED: Interface Ethernet1/7, operati

2020 Apr 6 13:28:18 C7SWiOOB01 %ETHPORT-5-IF_DUPLEX: Interface Ethernet1/7, ope
rational duplex mode changed to Half
2020 Apr 6 13:28:18 C7SWiOOB01 %ETHPORT-5-IF_RX_FLOW_CONTROL: Interface Etherne
t1/7, operational Receive Flow Control state changed to off
2020 Apr 6 13:28:18 C7SWiOOB01 %ETHPORT-5-IF_TX_FLOW_CONTROL: Interface Etherne
t1/7, operational Transmit Flow Control state changed to off
2020 Apr 6 13:28:18 C7SWiOOB01 %ETHPORT-5-IF_UP: Interface Ethernet1/7 is up in
mode access

- Some suggestions 1) Use another network cable or if you  are using patch infrastructure , make a direct connection if possible (to exclude cabling issues) 2) Depending on the type of this device check it's low level network settings and or it's network card. Check  if there are related speed and duplex settings which can correlate with the needed connectivity on the nexus.

M.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card