Views
Helpful
Replies

Dynamic and Static NAT

zackmagee
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

It's been a few years since I've used iOS, and I know this is simple, so I'm sorry for looking like a noob.

This is my goal. I have a few servers and virtual servers behind a Cisco router. That router has 2 ethernet ports, 0/0 is connected to Verizon FiOS (not into the ISR that FiOS gives, it's a direct connection the ONT (their fiber conversion box)), and 0/1 is attached to my switch. FiOS gives me 13 static IPs, and Eth0/0 is configured with the first IP in the block.

I've been trying to configure it, and I just can't get it. Here's what I want:

All outbound traffic routed to eth0.

All inbound traffic statically NAT'd to the appropriate server, based on my entries.

The inbound static NATing works fantastically, however, outbound, not so much. I'm sure that I got my routes correct because I can ping out from the router, but the dynamic outbound NAT does not seem to want to work for me.

My goal is to take opinions and suggestions, and just create a new config, so, please give me advice for both

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

Can you post "sh run" from the router?

I won't have access to the router until tomorrow, however, I would like to do this from scratch without using my existing config.

zackmagee
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, here is the latest update:

My outbound connection works great, until I add the dynamic NAT.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: