Announcements
Join Customer Connection to register!
Views
Helpful
Replies
justin.abendroth
Beginner

Dynamic Arp Inspection Limit Rate

I enabled DAI on my company network and am coming across ports getting shut own due to ARP packet rate exceeding the default xyz rate I set it to. Is there a recommended safe limit rate range I could set the unrusted ports to? I originally went from 15 to 35, but am seeing ports getting hit with arp packets close up to 50.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi

overhere we re at a limit rate of 240. 

Esp. the networks where the wired Apples are located. They tend to fire arp packets like a machine gun. 

Good luck. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Philip D'Ath
Advisor

I tend to take the normal limit, and then multiply it by 10.  I know then if it trips something has definitely changed or gone wrong.

Hi

overhere we re at a limit rate of 240. 

Esp. the networks where the wired Apples are located. They tend to fire arp packets like a machine gun. 

Good luck. 

View solution in original post

Thanks!

johnd2310
Collaborator

Hi,

Try with a setting of 100.  When my network was running windows XP, i was using 50 but started having issues when win 7 and win 10 came along. I had to move to a setting of 100 and that has been stable for a while.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**
PaulReveco
Beginner

I have the same question for Access-point cisco, how much should I put in margin, because it was set to 200, and the door was blocked.