cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E-Line - EVC Between Two L3 Switches

Tom.R
Level 1
Level 1

We have a Point-to-Point E-line between to local branches and I was wondering if it is possible to link two switches together over it? No available ports on the router at the remote branch. 

One switch is a Cisco 3750 and the other is a Cisco 2960X. My theory was to create a NEW vlan for the two switches to route between each other on the connected interfaces. I researched EFP and EVC discovering neither of these switches support service instances or Domain bridging... just searching for a work around. The 3750 has ip routing enabled... I could enable it on the 2960X so they could route between each other. Looking for input before execution as these devices are used for critical systems. The E-Line is for DR.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Hello,

without knowing the specifics of your topology and your traffic patterns, it usually is not a good idea to extend broadcast domains across large distances and different locations. So a layer 3 IP connection between both switches might just be sufficient and actually do the job...

Thank you for the quick reply! 

Thank works, I've actually tried assigning IP's to the interfaces but neither the 3750 or 2960X are letting me do so... unless i'm missing something. How would I go about setting up both interfaces?

Here's what I'm attempting to accomplish...

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card