cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

E3200 reboot: "The values you entered are invalid"

jplynker12
Level 1
Level 1

After setting up my E3200 router with some straight forward settings and saving them on each page before changing pages, I now want to reboot my router but when I select Reboot, an error page appears which says:

"The values you entered are invalid. Please try again".

Which values are invalid?

I've tried changing back the most recent values I've changed.. to the best of my recollection, I changed:

- lan address away from 192.168 to another private number

- reduced my max DHCP to 10 from 50

- Added a DHCP reservation for a domain controller I have on a static IP

- since the DNS of the router was appearing last on the list (along with 2 from my ISP), I put the router's LAN IP in DNS 1

- Checked https for administration

- Changed the password

- Added 6 Mac Filters for Wireless and tested each of them (they are all DHCP, not static)

- Added names and password WPA2 PSK to each of the channels, using both of them

- Added a USB share for a portable HDD I have connected to the USB port

That's about it... All of the settings I've made seem to work - even though, I am having other issues I'd like to solve - which is why I want to reboot... I'm concerned about power cycling in that if Reboot is red flagging my settings, perhaps a power cycle might be problematic.

Do I have to reset to factory and start over? Rebooting the router after each setting change to detemine which setting is the problem?

Doesn't that seem a little bit too low quality for a $150 router? Why didn't the data integrity for each data save occur when the Save button was pressed? Rather than waiting for all these settings to be configured and then complaining?

4 Replies 4

davidtrotz
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved?

reidconti
Level 1
Level 1

Yep. This just started happening to me  My E3000 is basically a brick.  I have completely reflashed the firmware and done 30/30/30 resets on it.  I change a few values on the VERY FIRST configuration page, and it arbitrarily throws this error and then I can't ever make it work again.  Every value I try to change (say to set back to original values) causes it to throw this error and revert back to the state the value was at before I tried to 'fix' it. 

This is very definitely not user error.  There is a very serious bug or my E3000 fried something.  I've used it for 3 years with no problems, made all kinds of setting changes and never had this problem in my life.  Once it started happening.. it won't stop.  I have to do a full reset back to factory defaults.. again, as soon as I touch a setting, the route starts throwing errors and won't let me save a single value for anything.  It's like a terrible game of minesweeper.

Hey Reid Conti, not sure if this will help but I jsut had the VERY same problem on my Cisco E1200 wireless router and after much trial and error I found the fault was the browser I was using   I run a Mac and was using Google Chrome and it would not save changes on some pages, but would on others.  I found that switching to using Safari then worked perfectly okay

It could be some weid incompatiability with some modern web browsers so try it from the most basic web browser you have and if you're running Windows then try Internet Explorer in "compatibility mode" ... it may just work.

Good luck!

Thanks. Solved my problem. Any reply with more words seems to be caught by some content filter.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card