cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

%EC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi1/2 is not compatible with Gi1/1 and will be suspended (speed of Gi1/2 is 1000M, Gi1/1 is auto)

Hello,

I have a little problem, i have 4 ports in an port-channel between 3560X & 6504-E switches , after a 3560X reloads one of the ports takes the speed and duplex auto auto the other 3 ports came in full 1000, the 4 ports are configurated with speed nonegotiated. for this mismatch in speed one port is suspended.

So anybody can help me to explain why is happening that the port takes the speed & duplex in auto auto, and what do i should to do in order to fix it?

After a shutdown / no shutdown the interface takes the speed 1000 and the port is up/up connected.

i hope somebody can help me

thanks

16 Replies 16

Hello Guys,

Yesterday i upgraded those boxes with the 15.0(1)SE version i did 6 tests (reloads) in all of them the port was in full 1000,
then i upgraded 2 boxes more with the same features, but the port was in "auto" in both.

Regarding the last post about the CSCtk54457 caveat i will try to set the speed in auto (in this case with the no speed

nonegotiate).

I will let you know the results.

Thanks & Regards!
Avril

TYFANAN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all community fellows. Just to share my experience and how I solved the problem. My situation looks like that - a Cisco UCS C240 M4S2 server connected with four ports to two Cisco 3850 switches in a stack. There are two ports connected to each switch in a stack. All four ports on the 3850 are in a port channel. After some maintenance in the rack the issue - "%ETC-5-CANNOT_BUNDLE2: Gi1/1/1 is not compatible with Gi1/1/2 and will be suspended (speed of Gi1/1/1 is 100M, Gi1/1/2 is 1000M)" appears on 3850. Port channel went down and I lost connectivity between the server and the switch.

Reading some posts from the community I decided to check all the connections - cables, jacks and inserts connecting the devices. It appears to be one of the cables with interrupted wire 5, so making possible only 100 M of speed for this connection. Replacing the faulty wire fix the problem for me. So check all physical elements before experiment with any settings. This is it. I solved my problem. Hope to help someone this way.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card