Helpful
Replies

EIGRP STUB

ahurtadove
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone, I'm trying to figure what to do in this case which i'll expand:

We have a WS-C3750E-24TD with the following features:

- Cisco IOS Software, C3750E Software (C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 12.2(46)SE, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2)

- License Level: ipbase - License Type: Permanent

When trying to configure EIGRP it always says this "EIGRP is restricted to stub configurations only on this platform."

Searching in google refers to THIS and when searching for the bug it says: "this information is only available to cisco employees" which is a bit frustrating because I think I have to buy license but I can't have the whole picture.

According to THIS document these images need licensing for upgrade, the thing is that they say ip services and ip base, they never say advance which is referred in the first document.

So finally, If I buy a licencse Advanced Ip Services will I be able to erase this conifugration?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Craig_Baum_2
Level 1
Level 1

Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7077/QandA_Software_Activation.pdf

IP Base is Eigrp Stub only

IP services EIGRP full

So as you have that error then the switch has IP Base enabled/ licensed and you will need to upgrade to services

From the last question I'm not sure what you are asking? Your startup config will still be there but so will new commands so you could edit Eigrp

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Craig_Baum_2
Level 1
Level 1

Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps7077/QandA_Software_Activation.pdf

IP Base is Eigrp Stub only

IP services EIGRP full

So as you have that error then the switch has IP Base enabled/ licensed and you will need to upgrade to services

From the last question I'm not sure what you are asking? Your startup config will still be there but so will new commands so you could edit Eigrp

What I was asking was that because "eigrp stub connected summary" is configured and can't be erased, I wanted to know if the licence upgrade would let me, and with the document you referenced it answered my question. Thanks

Excellent.. Good Luck with the upgrade..

Do a bug scrub before picking which ip services vers.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card