Views
Helpful
Replies

enabling IPv6 on VSS

tgusset
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I'm trying to set up IPv6 on my Virtual Switch.

I can set IPv6 addresses, can ping from the switch to the next hop and also to the internet.

I set up a VLAN with IPv6 but clients connected to this VLAN don't receive any advertisements from the router.

If I read the docu, I should use the global command ipv6 unicast-routing to enable IPv6. But this command is not available.

IOS Version is (s72033_rp-IPBASEK9-M), Version 12.2(33)SXI3

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Thomas

2 Replies 2

Peter Paluch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Thomas,

I wonder if the full IPv6 routing support is available in your image. You are currently running the IP Base feature set. Although the Feature Navigator insists that your image should support IPv6 routing, I have a feeling that your image actually supports only IPv6 end host functions.

Also please see this article:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps708/product_bulletin_c25_542214_ps6553_Products_Bulletin.html

It may be necessary to upgrade to IP Services. Nevertheless, I do not have hands-on experience with the VSS so please consider this information as a suggestion, not as an assured solution. I would be glad if someone with better experience on VSS voiced his/her opinion here.

Best regards,

Peter

There seems to be a misconfiguration in the Software Advisor.

If you want to use IPv6 unicast routing on a VSS you need at least IP Services feature set.

Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card