cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EoL of Life for switch 3750X

miguelsu
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there, I would like to know the implcations on this EoL for the swtich 3750X. According to the EoL notice it says:

End of Vulnerability/Security Support: HX  Oct,30 2019

Last Date of Support: HW Oct, 31 2021

How is it that you can't get any Vulnerability/Security support after oct 30, 2019 but you may have HW support till oct, 31 2021?  Are those vulnerability/security still provided for active contracts until 2021?   What is the sense to keep those SW two years if you don't have any support for vulnerability/security?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@miguelsu wrote:

What is the sense to keep those SW two years if you don't have any support for vulnerability/security?

Some Security Bulletins that have software fixes now have "Customers Without Service Contract" section.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

https://cway.cisco.com/sncheck/

(may provide additional info too).

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Please find comments in-lin

How is it that you can't get any Vulnerability/Security support after oct 30, 2019 but you may have HW support till oct, 31 2021? 

1. Yes you are correct you will get RMA/Hardware support till 31 Oct 2021 but not any Vulnerability/Security support after 30 Oct 2019.

Are those vulnerability/security still provided for active contracts until 2021?   What is the sense to keep those SW two years if you don't have any support for vulnerability/security

2. I think Cisco mean they will not release any  software remedy for new  security vulnerability issue but if you have any active SW contract then that  will get support from Cisco.

My interpretation is the following:

Cisco will still support the boxes if they fail. But due to due diligence you should not operate them any longer as they could have severe vulnerabilities.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card