cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Error on WS-2960+48PST-S V02

Hi team,

After an upgrade for a switch WS-2960+48PST-S I have this error:

Xmodem file system is available.
The password-recovery mechanism is enabled.
Initializing Flash...
mifs[2]: 0 files, 1 directories
mifs[2]: Total bytes     :    3870720
mifs[2]: Bytes used      :       1024
mifs[2]: Bytes available :    3869696
mifs[2]: mifs fsck took 1 seconds.
mifs[3]: 570 files, 20 directories
mifs[3]: Total bytes     :   61028352
mifs[3]: Bytes used      :   22959616
mifs[3]: Bytes available :   38068736
mifs[3]: mifs fsck took 15 seconds.
...done Initializing Flash.
done.
Loading "flash:c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-55.SE11.bin"...@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
File "flash:c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-55.SE11.bin" uncompressed and installed, entry point: 0x3000
executing...

: Unexpected exception to CPUvector 1100, PC = 5E94AC  
-Traceback= 5E94AC 615780 1038C3C 1099BB0 352C

: Unexpected exception to CPUvector 0, PC = 5E94AC  
-Traceback= 5E94AC 10A10B8 9CDA88

Nested write_crashinfo call (2 times)

-Traceback= 5E94AC

There's any way to recover the switch???

Nestor Gomez

9 Replies 9

Hi Nestor

This error is hardware incompatibility or memory error, did you verify the hardware requirements before to upgrade?

I recommend a downgrade. 

http://nil.uniza.sk/practical-cisco/switching/cisco-catalyst-2960-switch-ios-recovery

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-2950-series-switches/41845-192.html#speedrecovery

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxTO5qxti-I

Hope it is useful

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio,

I can't get the switch: menu

Hi Nestor

Try this sequence:

- Unplug the power cable
- Connect the power cable again and immediately press the mode button in front and keep pressing it for around 15 to 20 seg.  Mode button
-
 Release the button and follow the steps displayed on the previous website.

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hi Julio,

Nothing happens... Same result... :(  It may be for the IOS version??? It's LANLITE...

mmm I dont think so, try the following:

- Unplug the power cable
- Plug the power cable again 

once the switch is booting begin to press this combination keys:

control + pause   (several times)

It's done!!!

I have recovered the affected switch but the unusual part of troubleshooting was that I had to push the mode button almost 30 seconds to grant access to rommon session... Thanks for help...

Nestor Gomez

Hi Nestor,

Good news!!

Im happy to know that, It was a pleasure.

Have a great day.

Thanks for all !!!!!!!!!!

Nestor Gomez

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Loading "flash:c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-55.SE11.bin

Let me get this straight:  The appliance is a WS-2960+48PST-S and someone is forcing the switch to boot a LANLite IOS?  

I'm actually surprised the switch didn't boot into ROMmon.  

The IOS, LANLite, isn't supported by the switch.  

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco