I am trying to copy the running config to a tftp server,but I am getting the belwo error,
tftp ip -10.91.111.12
Type escape sequence to abort.
Sending 5, 100-byte ICMP Echos to 10.91.111.12, timeout is 2 seconds:
Success rate is 100 percent (5/5), round-trip min/avg/max = 251/281/310 ms
sw-01#copy running-config tf
sw-01#copy running-config tftp:
Address or name of remote host ? 10.91.111.12
Destination filename [sw-01-confg]?
%Error opening tftp://10.91.170.153/sw-01-confg (Timed out)
please suggest, what configuration should be changed,to avoid the above error.
Check out any firewall are not there between ur tftp server and network device and also check tftp services are running on the server.
If possible change yout tftp software and download the following link and try !!
Please suggest above the basic level of troubleshooting.
restarting the tftp server is a basic step for troubleshooting,i did it many times before posting this discussion.
so please suggest ,if u have the correct solution otherwise not.
If all the above things are done and are opened then try the following thing
1) Try install tftp software
1. Download a new 'TFTPd32.zip' file
2. Unzip it (Inside that there should be 3 files- 1. tftpd32.chm, 2.tftpd32.exe, 3. tftpd32.ini)
3. Double click the tftpd32.exe
4. It will automatically reads your pc's ip address. And using the 'Currnt Directory' option, you can choose your location where you want to save your file.
2) If that also not helpful then you need to Capture the packets what exactly is happening while tranfering from device to tftp server.
and finally try to check with 3) other tftp software also.
thanks for yr replies..........
But as i already mentioned that.....i m using the same tftp as u suggested above..ie tftpd32...I also I tries using pumpkin....but facing the error.
if u a have any other suggestions...pls suggest.
the device is a switch.
Model number : WS-C3560-48PS-S
Switch Ports Model SW Version SW Image
------ ----- ----- ---------- ----------
* 1 52 WS-C3560-48PS 12.2(25)SEB4 C3560-IPBASE-M
I m facing the problem with all the switches for the particular location.
You are copying your running config to TFTP, so its completly unrelated to the flash space on the router, disregard this.
At this point you are left with the following options:
-Take a packet capture on your pc
-run a netstat -an on the pc
-Then run the command on the router, let it timeout and look at the packet capture.
I suspect you will not see anything regarding TFTP port and hence this will mean that either you have a FW on the PC either somewhere along the path between your switch and your PC.
If you see TFTP communications, post the packet capture, if you don't fix your FW issues.
I believe the communication between your tftp server, and switch is fine; as the error states that the device is facing problem in openeing the config.
So do the following:
1. Check if your file has any extension attached to it or not. On windows explorer, go to tools>folder options>view> uncheck the box hide extension for known files. To access windows explorer, press window key on the keyboard plus E, or right click on start button, then explore.
2. After checking the extension, given the complete name along with the extension in the Destination filename field.
3. Even if that doesn't works, your file is either corrupt or non-compatible to be placed in the switch.
I dont think you saw the original question before responding.
The operation attempted is: sw-01#copy running-config tftp:
That means we save the running config from the switch to the PC with a filename, and not the other way around.
I posted earlier the next steps to troubleshoot this further.