Views
Helpful
Replies

%error opening tftp (permission denied)

umair640
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a cisco router 2801. with ios version Version 12.3(8r)T9  c2801-ipvoice_ivs-mz.151-3.T.bin and I want to upgrade it to 15.1 for using it as cme router.because current ios not support some of command such as (crypto key). 

first of I need a suggestion for best ios for using cme. and the 2nd problem which I'm facing is copying ios to router's flash via tftp. whenever I tried to copy flash from tftp server to router's flash, it gives error like %Error opening tftp://1.1.1.2/c2801-adventerprisek9-mz.151-4.M12a.bin (No such file or directory) and I also tried to reverse it as transfter ios flash from router to tftp server, in this case it gives error like %Error opening tftp://1.1.1.2/c2801-ipvoice_ivs-mz.151-3.T.bin (Permission denied)

I have tried almost all of things which I know. turn off windows firewall. runnig tftp software with administrator privilege. and also adding rule in windows firewall for tftp port 69. but nothing change.

please help me in this matter.

thank you. 

31 Replies 31

1. If you're using TFTPd32, what is the directory the server is pointing to?
2. In this directory, is/are the file(s) present or not?
3. Check the properties of the file(s) and see if they are read permissable or not.

dear I have checked every single thing which could create problem including those you mentioned.

Can you try another machine?

unfortunately not. becacause I only have one laptop.

I suspect the laptop has some strange configuration.  

My recommendation is to find another computer or source as a TFTP server.  

I had the same issue.  I just ran the TFTP application as admin...that fixed it

Thank you as running program as Admin in windows 10 solved permission issue.

Hi,

Are you able to ping the tftp server from the router? Also verify the source folder used by the tftp server. 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Hello,

I think there is problem with windows. currently I'm using windows 10. A friend of mine suggest me to do the same process with windows 7.I will try tomorrow and let you know. otherwise I have check and verify every single possible method to copy, but all in vein..

thanks

Hi

An antivirus also could be the problem, try with other tftp software, I used 3cdaemon a time ago and it works as well.

:-)

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

souravtutu.669
Level 1
Level 1

Just Change  the Current Directory of your TFTP server

The It Solved

Hi.
Faced the same problem with tftpd32.
Simply a restart of tftpd32 helped.

Sazzad_Hossain
Level 1
Level 1

Just run your TFTP server as a administrator. 

Hi

I have this problem too, and i opened the tftp app with run as administrator and my problem is solved. 

zain.shah7863
Level 1
Level 1

I have faced the same problem... it is so simple. the permission denied means to allow the Administrative permission th TFTP.

just close the TFTP and open with Run As Administrator.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card