Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel and LACP

Hi all

I'm trying to get my CCNA certification and I'm trying to make lots of test to check if my level is good enough.

One of the question I have some doubts is the following:

Question: When configuring an EtherChannel bundle, which mode enables LACP only if a LACP device is detected?

A. Passive
B. Desirable
C. On
D. Auto
E. Active
The correct answer seems to be  A, but I think is E. In fact 
What do you think and why?
Thank you in advance.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

azibnaseem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi [@jomagaro.garcia]  '

Correct answer is A. Based on your question, I have snipped the screen shot of channel-group command from real time ointment. Please review the attached screen shot.

Regards'

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

chris noon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jose,

As the question refers to LACP the answer could only be A (passive) or E (active).  In active mode the port sends out packets in an attempt to bring up the LACP configuration.  In passive mode the port will wait to receive packets from another link in active mode.  

Passive mode will not initiate an LACP connection where as active mode try's to initiate an LACP link.

If the answer is A the reason will be in the subtleties of the way the question is asked.  A port in passive mode will come up, only if another LACP port (in active mode) is detected.

I hope that helps.

Hi chris,

Well, I'm not quite sure the correct answer is A. The web where I found this question at least says so...

I hope there is not too much questions like this (not clearly made) in the certification exam.

Unfortunately there are typically a few questions like this in all vendor exam papers.  Just make sure you read each question carefully before answering as 1 word can change the way the question should be answered.

Yes I know. I'll be careful but English is not my mother tongue and it is very easy to get confused.....

Thank you anyway.

azibnaseem
Level 1
Level 1

Hi [@jomagaro.garcia]  '

Correct answer is A. Based on your question, I have snipped the screen shot of channel-group command from real time ointment. Please review the attached screen shot.

Regards'

Thank you very much.

It is the best way to leave doubts

Hey [@jomagaro.garcia]  

Yes it is the the best way. Glad to hear that.

Regards'

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: