Views
Helpful
Replies

etherchannel between Cat3560 and Cat2960

wintersweat2000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

what are the precautions when configuring channel-group between cisco3560 and cisco2960.

i have created a port-channel interface 10 on cisco3560 and configured 2 ports to channel-group. Now trying to configure 2 other ports in Cisco2960, I dont get to select channel-group 10 or even create port-channel 10.

Thanks in advance,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Wintersweat2000,

port-channel number doesn't need to match at the two ends of link

the C2960 may have a different limit so you use a free allowed index for the port-channel

protocol in use (LACP or PAGP or none)  have to  match as port speed, duplex, trunk protocol and list of vlans permitted

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

Seems to me the 2960's were limited to 6 port channels so maybe try  port channel  1 -5 as the number .

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Wintersweat2000,

port-channel number doesn't need to match at the two ends of link

the C2960 may have a different limit so you use a free allowed index for the port-channel

protocol in use (LACP or PAGP or none)  have to  match as port speed, duplex, trunk protocol and list of vlans permitted

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Seems to me the 2960's were limited to 6 port channels so maybe try  port channel  1 -5 as the number .

great.... knew that 2960s were limited to 6 port channels, dint know it as actually as 0-5. Thanks Guys

Shankar

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card