Views
Helpful
Replies

Etherchannel between Stack switch and VSS swtich

anilkumar.cisco
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Team,

Pls suggest, if L2 Etherchannel between VSS switch and Stack switch is possible..

I have 4500X switch in VSS mode.

and

Cisco 2960XR-48 port

I have plan to connect port of one switch in VSS  to another switch on the stack.

Kindly suggest.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I believe it is possible, although I haven't used VSS on 4500 series nor used any 2960 series stacks. (I've used VSS on 6500 series and used 3750 stacks.)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
I believe it is possible, although I haven't used VSS on 4500 series nor used any 2960 series stacks. (I've used VSS on 6500 series and used 3750 stacks.)

I have plan to use VSS Core1 with Stack switch 1

and VSS Core2 with Stack switch 2

both on the same port channel

Hope this will work..

configuring right now..

Again, I expect it would.

Yes it is working.. but getting below error..

*Aug 31 06:34:06.280: %IP-4-DUPADDR: Duplicate address 10.212.2.59 on Vlan99, sourced by 000e.b6b4.0e0a

not sure whether this is because of this configuration or not..

Kindly advise.

Best Regards

Anil Singh

Did you confirm both the VSS pair and the stack "see" an active dual link Etherchannel?

the customer has used the same IP address somewhere else.. thus i found this issue.. it was not related to the etherchannel.. but because it come up at the same time thus I got confused..

thanks for your help..

Appreciated..

Hello

Yes it would, I have implemented 4500 vss and the access stacks are PC to each physical 4500 VSS switch.

Is this what you are querying?

res
Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card