cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Excessive punt-rate-limit count

failingrw
Level 1
Level 1

I am having an issue with excessive punt-rate-limit count.  The count increases on the order of 2000 counts per second, which is causing videos to become useless due to the many UDP packets that are being dropped.

I have not found much on this topic, so am asking about it here.  What I did find stated that it was an ARP issue, but the high CPU time is not there.  The CPU is running around 5%.  I also put in all static ARPs on the firewalls, still no change.

Scenario 1:  Any receiver in side A gets video from any source on side A there are no UDP packets dropped.  Same is true for side B.

Scenario 2:  Any receiver on side A gets video from any source on side B works for a minute or two and then the packets start being dropped and the video becomes useless.  The same is true for side B getting video from side A.

Some additional notes about the network to go along with the PDF file

• There is two trunk lines running between the switches
  • All ports are in the diagram are in vlan 110, except between the firewalls
  • All the hosts have a static IP Address in the 10.50.0.0/25 network and a gateway of 10.50.0.1

The configuration listing below do have some items removed for security reasons.  Switch 1a and switch 2a have the same configuration.  Like wise for switches 1b and 2b.  The TailNumbers access-list is also the list of multicast groups that video runs on.

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card