cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extended ACL ICMP not working. Can still ping!

rm4s
Level 1
Level 1

Good Evening, 

Another silly question but would be enormously grateful for support. I have setup an extended ACL as below on router 0 only to prevent PC0 (192.168.10.1) from pinging the web server (192.168.60.2) 

however I am still able to ping the webserver, why is this?! I'm not sure whether I should also be configuring this ACL on the other routers too.

Many thanks!

Screenshot 2021-09-15 225120.pngScreenshot 2021-09-15 225154_V2.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

BB 

Thanks for your reply, after a late night I solved it! The issue was the ACL had not been applied to the subinterfaces representing the VLANs (had only previously been applied to the interface 0/0)  . As soon as this was done the ACL works as intended.

Many thanks for your offer anyway

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

where is this ACL applied on what device (i mean router), can you post is your complete config of that router ? need to check how you applied ACL in the interface? 

RX(config)#int f0/0
RX(config-if)#ip access-group 110 in

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

BB 

Thanks for your reply, after a late night I solved it! The issue was the ACL had not been applied to the subinterfaces representing the VLANs (had only previously been applied to the interface 0/0)  . As soon as this was done the ACL works as intended.

Many thanks for your offer anyway

Glad to know you figured out and resolved.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco