Views
Helpful
Replies

external OSPF route in database but not in routing table

carlton.reid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have an issue whereby I am seeing a redistributed static route as a type 5 LSA in the ip ospf database, but it is not being selected for the routing table.  I have a 3845 router SRST with two gigabit connection back to the core, one link is costed at 100 and the other is the default cost 1. The lower cost is the

active link and the higher the backup.  When both links are up, the subnet does not get added to the routing table, however if I shut down either interfaces the subnet appears in the routing table. Has anyone experience this type of behavior ?  Thanks in advance .

19 Replies 19

brad
Level 1
Level 1

I had a similar problem, type 5 LSA in the ip ospf database, but it is not appearing in the routing table.

In my case OSPF was running in a VRF, and I needed an additional command in OSPF before it would appear in the routing table:

router ospf 2 vrf TEST
capability vrf-lite
area 3 nssa
passive-interface default
no passive-interface Port-channel1.1
no passive-interface Port-channel2.1
network 172.16.0.0 0.0.255.255 area 0
network 192.168.2.1 0.0.0.0 area 3

Once I entered "capability vrf-lite" command the external route then appeared in the routing table.

Hope this helps someone.

Hi Guys,

It works for me.

Thanks a lot Brad.

That worked for me, thanks, I spent a few hours trying to figure out why OSPF wouldn't be preferred over iBGP routes.

It works for me .. Thanks a lot

Thanks Brad, old post but worked for me.
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card