Views
Helpful
Replies

Failed to upgrade ASA5505 license from 10 to unlimited users

Luis Alvarez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone.

The problem I'm experiencing is that I´m trying to upgrade a Customer's ASA 5505 base license from 10 to 50 users (ASA5505-SW-10-50=). But the reseller sent a ASA5505-SW-50-UL= license instead. I tried to register that license and the following messaged appeared.

Wrong Sku(s) 'ASA5505-SW-50-UL=' for 'ASA5505-K8' : Device contains following licenses 'ASA5505-SW-10,ASA5500-ENCR-K9'

Serial Number = JMX1235Z0TZ

We're sorry, but the new serial number provided is not the same platform type as the failed serial number. An upgrade request is not allowed.

If you would like any assistance in the resolution of this issue, please open a Service Request using the TAC Service Request Tool at

http://tools.cisco.com/ServiceRequestTool/create/DefineProblem.do
As an alternative you may also call our main Technical Assistance Center at 800-553-2447.

Sincerely,
Cisco Systems Licensing.

I tried to contact TAC for assistance but It's not possible because that kind of service is outside the parameters of the service contracts associated with my cisco.com profile.

So What Can I do to solve this?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

if you want to upgrade from 10-unlimited, you need this licence

L-ASA5505-10-UL=

so tell you reseller, that he should return your money back and also that he should hurt himself in some very painful way

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Luis

I am not sure that I have the correct understanding of your issue. From your description it seems that the reseller has generated the license upgrade for the wrong serial number. I would think you would deal with them to get the serial number corrected.

I have had some limited success in calling the TAC when I have had an issue with equipment whose serial number/contract number was not associated with my CCO ID. Or it may turn out that you will need to get the customer to add your ID to their contract number.

HTH

Rick

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

Rick

a.kirakosyan
Level 1
Level 1

HAHA, funny, Richard Butts doesn't now anything about the product of a company, that he work for...  very nice answer, but wrong.

You can upgrade from 10 to 50, or from 50 to unlimited, but YOU CANNOT UPGRADE FROM 10 TO UNLIMITED. That's why an upgrade request is not allowed. Isn't that obvious? That is why the licence is called "upgrade-from-something-to-somethingelse."

if you want to upgrade from 10-unlimited, you need this licence

L-ASA5505-10-UL=

so tell you reseller, that he should return your money back and also that he should hurt himself in some very painful way

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card