cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Fanless 24 Port Switch options?

NPT_2
Level 2
Level 2

Does Cisco have a full featured layer2 (or layer3) 24 port switch that is fanless?  I'm looking for something similar in features to the 2960 C Compact Switches that max out at 12 10/100 ports and 2 Gigabit uplinks on the WS-C2960C-12PC-L models and have a heatsink rather than fan.

Ideally it would be nice to have POE on a 24 10/100 port version with a  couple SFP ports.  I thought I saw something similar to this a while back on Cisco's site but can't seem to find it again. 

Is there such a switch available?

Jim

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Then only Cisco 24-port FANLESS switch I know of is WS-C2960X-24PSQ.  It comes in two forms, LAN Lite or LAN Base.  

In regards to PoE, the answer is a "maybe":  92 w PoE so this means you have 3 ports PoE+ (up to 30w per port) or 6 ports PoE (up to 15.4w PoE).

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Then only Cisco 24-port FANLESS switch I know of is WS-C2960X-24PSQ.  It comes in two forms, LAN Lite or LAN Base.  

In regards to PoE, the answer is a "maybe":  92 w PoE so this means you have 3 ports PoE+ (up to 30w per port) or 6 ports PoE (up to 15.4w PoE).

You could also look at the Industrial Grade switches. The one below has 8 x PoE and16 SFP ports.

I'm not sure what your use case is but these switches are designed for use in high temperature environments.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/switches/industrial-ethernet-3010-series-switches/datasheet_c78-637080.html

Thanks the WS-C2960X-24PSQ was the one I was thinking of.  The big downside is the limited POE power, but they still might be useful in certain applications. 

Jim

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card