Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FCOE on 7k

Dears 

i have a customer that wants to activate FCoE on Nex 7700 on a F3 module(N7K-F348XP-25) but am confused with licensing what licensing needed to enable FCoE on the card do i need (Advanced Services Package(N7K-ADV1K9)) to activate the storage VDC ? do i need (Storage Enterprise Package(N7K-SAN1K9) to activate FCoE ?

thanks 

1 Reply 1

brroland
Level 1
Level 1

Amer,

I don't know if your question has been answered yet. I have posted a link to a licensing document associated with your customers equipment.This guide should point you in the right direction to solve your problem. You can get licensing in several ways: feature, module or bundle/chassis based licensing. You may need all 3 of the licenses. Advanced Services Package N7K-ADV1K9 Storage Enterprise PackageN7K-SAN1K9 are both feature-based licenses and the N7K-F348XP is a module-based license. Licenses are independent of each other. I would suggest that you identify what licensing your customer has currently and then you will be able to identify whether you need to purchase additional licensing or if your customer already has the right licenses then you would just have to enable/"turn on" the license. Please let me know if I have answered your question or if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Brad

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/datacenter/sw/nx-os/licensing/guide/b_Cisco_NX-OS_Licensing_Guide.pdf

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card