cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

feature set LAN base/lite (2960) and LAN/IP base (3650X)

janvandek
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

1)

For 3650X I found some contradiction in the Q&A about feature set LAN Base vs IP Base:

LAN Base: Can I do static IP routing ?

LAN Base: SVI => is this for intervlan routing ?

2)

For 2960, there are 2 flavors (LAN lite and LAN BASE)

Q: Can I do static routing on one of these flavors ?

Regards

Jan

2 Replies 2

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

1)

For 3650X I found some contradiction in the Q&A about feature set LAN Base vs IP Base:

LAN Base: Can I do static IP routing ? yes

LAN Base: SVI => is this for intervlan routing ? yes.  SVI is layer-3 logical interface

2)

For 2960, there are 2 flavors (LAN lite and LAN BASE)

Q:Can I do static routing on one of these flavora? Yes LAN BASE

HTH

Florin Comsa
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

The Cisco Catalyst 3K family of switches supports the following three feature sets depending on the specific model of switch:

• LAN Base: Enterprise access Layer 2 switching features

• IP Base: Enterprise access Layer 3 switching features

• IP Services: Advanced Layer 3 switching (IPv4 and IPv6) features

LAN Base contains L2 features, IP Base contains L2 features + basic routing (static routes, eigrp stub etc) and IP Services is the full enterprise feature set.

To answer your Q, LAN Base can't do static IP routing. 2960 can't do static routing (L2 switches).

More information about features set for cisco switches can be found here :

http://blogs.cisco.com/borderless/cisco-ios-software-licenses-what%E2%80%99s-what-for-layer-2-and-layer-3-switching-%E2%80%93-part-1/

http://blogs.cisco.com/borderless/cisco-ios-software-licenses-whats-what-for-layer-2-and-layer-3-switching-part-2/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: