Views
Helpful
Replies

FEX 2K

Hoang Hung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guy

we are configurating Fex feature switch Nexus 2k with nexus 7k . But I have a question.

If version Fex switch bigger core switch >>> What happen ?

Please help me

Thanks guy

9 Replies 9

Andrea Testino
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hoang,

Are you asking what happens if the FEX has an NX-OS image that is newer than the NX-OS image running on the parent switch?

Thanks,

- Andrea, CCIE #56739 R&S

Hi  @Andrea Testino 

Yep. If  NX-OS image running on the parent switch newer FEX NX-OS, FEX OS will uprade OS from parent .

But If if the FEX has an NX-OS image that is newer than the NX-OS image running on the parent switch >> What happent ?

Thanks 

I know. If  NX-OS image running on the parent switch newer FEX NX-OS, FEX OS will uprade OS from parent .
But If if the FEX has an NX-OS image that is newer than the NX-OS image running on the parent switch >> What happent ?
Thanks

Hi,

The FEX image will be downgraded to match the parent switch.

HTH

Thanks @Reza Sharifi.
Are you sure ? Please sent to me document writen it. If you have.
Thanks you so much .!

Hi guy
FEX will auto downgraded or manual downgrade OS?
Thanks

Hi,

Think of a FEX being a blade in a chassis. The FEX is just a blade and gets the upgrade/downgrade from the parent switch. 

HTH

Thanks you so much @Reza Sharifi

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Whatever version you load on to the 7k, it will get pushed to the FEX. So, FEX will have the same exact version as the parent switch.

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: