Views
Helpful
Replies

fex switches bounce to other nexus

robertkwild
Spotlight
Spotlight

hi all,

got two nexus 7000 connected via vpc to eachother but only one switch (core 1) contains all the configs for the 10 fex switches we have attached to them, all the fex switches have port channels to each switch

when they bounce to the other switch (core 2), they lose connection as the configs for them on core 1, so i have to bounce them back to core 1, i do this via doing on core 2

conf t

int po(whatever)

shut

then it goes back to core 1

is there any reason why it bounces them and whats the best remedy for this not happening again

thanks,

rob

1 Accepted Solution
6 Replies 6

Host VPC (Single Link) and FEX Single Homed (Static Pinning Mode) Straight Through Design

Host VPC (Single Link) and FEX Single Homed (Port Channel Mode) Straight Through Design

whats the difference between static pinned and port channel, as i have said each fex is linked back to core 1 and core 2 via pos on both nexus's plus the nexus's are connected to eachother via vpc

actually we got this

Single Homed Host and Active-Active FEX (VPC) Design

and our nexus versions on each are 12.x

so do our nexus 7ks support this or not

can you draw topology ?

Just looked on both cores and there running v6.2 so this is why it's not working

Thanks so much MHM

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card