cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Filter by neighbor (EIGRP)

Ruterford
Level 1
Level 1
Hi All, I am wondering whether I can filter network advertisements received from EIGRP neighbor by peer or neighbor. I need to suppress all the advertised networks received by a specific peer. I cannot use static neighbor as I am on nx-os. Thanks!
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hello

example - neighboring eigrp peer is 11.11.11.2

distance command filtering
access-list 10 permit 0.0.0.0

router eigrp xx
distance 255 11.11.11.2 0.0.0.0 10

Distribute-list filtering
access-list 100 deny ip host 11.11.11.2 any
access-list 100 permit ip any any

router eigrp xx
distribute-list 100 in (interface)

res

Paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

Hello

When using distribute list in eigrp with acl  you match on the advertised peer and what you you want to filter.

in this case acl 100 will match on any prefix originating from eigrp peer11.11.11.2 and deny it inbound

res

Paul 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Hello

example - neighboring eigrp peer is 11.11.11.2

distance command filtering
access-list 10 permit 0.0.0.0

router eigrp xx
distance 255 11.11.11.2 0.0.0.0 10

Distribute-list filtering
access-list 100 deny ip host 11.11.11.2 any
access-list 100 permit ip any any

router eigrp xx
distribute-list 100 in (interface)

res

Paul

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul,

Does "access-list 100 deny ip host 11.11.11.2 any" deny only network 11.11.11.2/32 or denies the whole peer that could be advertising way more networks? So I can use /32 access-lists not only to deny/permit networks from receiving/advertising but also deny all networks advertised/received from/to specific neighbouring peer?

Hello

When using distribute list in eigrp with acl  you match on the advertised peer and what you you want to filter.

in this case acl 100 will match on any prefix originating from eigrp peer11.11.11.2 and deny it inbound

res

Paul 

Kind Regards
Paul

Thanks Paul - now I gave to do the same thing on Nexus OS.

There is no distribute list by ACL, so wondering how I can do the same thing but on NX-OS?

Hello Ruterford ,

On nexus we can apply distribute list on an interface using either prefix-list or route map . 

Hope this helps .

Regards

Sunil Bhadauria

!Kindly rate the post if helpful !

Thanks Sunil,

Can you please give me an example ?

As I need to filter by neighbour and not by prefix.

Thx.

I realize this is an old thread, but for the sake of completeness, this is how you apply an outbound EIGRP filter in NX-OS:

interface EthX/X
 ip distribute-list eigrp <ID> prefix-list <PL-MYLIST> out
end

Only "permit" matches within the "PL-MYLIST" will be announced to the neighbor.

This appears to work in NX-OS v7, but I'm not sure at what point this feature was introduced.

Regards

James.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: