cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Firepower blocking URL

aakash-agarwal
Level 1
Level 1

I have Firepower installed on a VM, customer reported one URL not opening. When i check under POlicy -- Access Control - I see two policies one Trust another blocks. The website which user complain about is in 

From FP when i check this URL falls into Business and Economy category however in trust list I only see facebook allowed and in Block list i see many Cat blocked however Business and Economy category is not in blocked list.

Now I have option either to add Business and Economy category as in Trust list or only website but my question if Business and Economy category is not in blocked list why the URL is blocking?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

if the category 'Business and Economy' is not matched in the Trust rule, it goes to the Block rule. If it isn't matched there, it goes to the 'Allow' rule, but that doesn't mean it automatically is allowed. It depends on how your 'Allow' rule is set.

The easiest way would be to put just the URL in the 'Trust' rule, as this ensures that the URL is allowed without any further inspection....

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hello,

if the category 'Business and Economy' is not matched in the Trust rule, it goes to the Block rule. If it isn't matched there, it goes to the 'Allow' rule, but that doesn't mean it automatically is allowed. It depends on how your 'Allow' rule is set.

The easiest way would be to put just the URL in the 'Trust' rule, as this ensures that the URL is allowed without any further inspection....

Thank you i found the match  

Hello,

Sorry don't know if this is the correct thread

I just need to ask about the firepower can we run it on a standalone ASA 5506 without having it connected to a firesight management center

Hello,

Sorry don't know if this is the correct thread

I just need to ask about the firepower can we run it on a standalone ASA 5506 without having it connected to a firesight management center

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card