Views
Helpful
Replies

Firmware upgradation path for 2960 series switches

vishal77
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I need to upgrade my premises Cisco Switch WS-2960-24TC-S having running firmware (c2960-lanlitek9-mz.122-50.SE4.bin) to (c2960-lanlitek9-mz.150-2.SE11.bin).

Basically I want to know, can I directly upgrade my switch  from software version 12.2(50)SE4 to 15.0(2)SE11 or is there any upgrade path need to follow like we are doing for firewall upgradation.

Please help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

In this particular example you can jump between software versions without any intermediate steps.

cheers,

Seb.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

In this particular example you can jump between software versions without any intermediate steps.

cheers,

Seb.

Thanks Deb Rupik.

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Direct upgrade is possible, however, read the Release Notes very, very carefully.
WARNING: The upgrade may include a mandatory microcode upgrade. This can take up to 45 minutes.

Thanks Leo.

Hi All,

Just completed the upgrade activity from 15.2(2)E6 to 15.2.(4)E8 and basically my switch got struck and i need to hard reboot the switch 2-3 and then it came up.

Attaching the struck output I have received while reloading. Also I'm attaching community link which says it may be a bug.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/switching/2960-x-boot-fail-after-quot-reload-quot-command/td-p/2860376

Please help 

Any help please

If u used tftp server then 5 to 10 mint required to upgrade ur system

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card