Views
Helpful
Replies

First access to a 2960G using Express Setup

rachid1974
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a 2960G and I use the Express Setup mode to connect for the first time on the switch with Internet Explorer.

All goes well, I can connect my laptop to the switch with 10.0.0.1 IP address (using Interner Explorer), but a windows asks me a "user  name and password" for level 15 access, when normally there is no password or  username.

Thank you for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

RACHID IBRAHIM wrote:

Hello,

I have a 2960G and I use the Express Setup mode to connect for the first time on the switch with Internet Explorer.

All goes well, I can connect my laptop to the switch with 10.0.0.1 IP address (using Interner Explorer), but a windows asks me a "user  name and password" for level 15 access, when normally there is no password or  username.

Thank you for your help

Try "cisco" and "cisco" (no quote marks) for username and password. Actually, you can probably get away with not putting in a username - I think the switch will ignore tha username anyway, and just look for the password "cisco" (minus the quote marks).

Cheers.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

darren.g
Level 5
Level 5

RACHID IBRAHIM wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your help

Try "cisco" and "cisco" (no quote marks) for username and password. Actually, you can probably get away with not putting in a username - I think the switch will ignore tha username anyway, and just look for the password "cisco" (minus the quote marks).

Cheers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: