Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexstack catalyst cisco 2960XR problem

max15
Level 1
Level 1

Good afternoon, colleagues!
I have a problem with association of a stack cisco WS-C2960RX-48FPS-L . 6 switches integrated, 2 more did not integrate.
I changed stack module, cable stack, priority, provision, renumber, fully cleared all configs to make switches as from factory, changed firmware. However the problem did not disappear.

Tried on ios 15.2.4.e3, 15.2.4.e7, 15.2.6.e2.
If it's necessary I will send a config. Help me!!!  Thank you!

22 Replies 22

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Please share logs, error message and configure of the existing stack and new switches as well. 

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

The log is in attach

Hi,

It seems there are two different stacks are operating and Stack ports are showing down. Have you verified all stack cables? Are connected in the correct order? Have you verified Switch number configuration?

Share the configuration and some logs as @paul driver requested.

Regards,

Deepak Kumar

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

The posts I read but nothing useful has not learned, all adjusted as me. below I attach a config and a photo of connection of wires.The posts I read but nothing useful has not learned, all adjusted as me. below I attach a config and a photo of connection of wires.

The posts I read but nothing useful has not learned, all adjusted as me. below I attach a config and a photo of connection of wires.The posts I read but nothing useful has not learned, all adjusted as me. below I attach a config and a photo of connection of wires.

Hello

Make sure all switch support the same software/feature set
Are you using the correct cabling?
Are the cabled in the correct way?

sh switch detail
sh switch stak-ports

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

Hi,

All firmwares of one version, wire all are connected correctly, a photo in attachment.photo_2019-03-20_18-23-49.jpg

quick look - I may be wrong, your output some switches uptime different time, some are less uptime.

have you rebooted complete stack ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi, Yes, I rebooted the full stack at the same time.

Other suggestion was mentioned by @paul driver , you can try that option.

Connect the console cable to master switch (keep logg all the logging of the console so we can see what is wrong)

1. Turn on the Master switch1 ....after minute Turn on swtch 2 ---so on once all booted.

2. show switch

3. post the logs to forums to have a look.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

attach config boot switches.

Hello

Power the stack down

resest flex modules and cables in switch 1&6 

Power stack back up master first wait 30 -40 secs then the next switch etc..

test again 

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I did as you advised, disconnected the stack modules, wires, after connecting the first stack, I waited 40 sec and started connecting the stack wires and the follower switch. I attach the config all left without  changes =(photo_2019-03-21_10-01-22.jpg

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card