Views
Helpful
Replies

FNF on 4500 with Sup8-E

p_warwick
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm looking to enable netflow on a 4500 with a Sup8-E but the flow command is not available:

xxxx(config)#f?
fallback feature file format

I've checked the command reference and feature navigator and it should be available with lanbase and 3.7:

Cisco IOS Software, IOS-XE Software, Catalyst 4500 L3 Switch Software (cat4500es8-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 03.07.00.E RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc4)

License Information for 'WS-X45-SUP8-E'
License Level: lanbase Type: Permanent
Next reboot license Level: lanbase

I have access to another 4500 but with a Sup7-E and ipbase, on that platform the flow command is available. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

julijime
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi peterwarwick,

Netflow on your platform is supported only on IP Base and Enterprise Services license, please see the following release notes as a reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/ol-37xe-4500e.html#pgfId-1298539

HTH

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

julijime
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi peterwarwick,

Netflow on your platform is supported only on IP Base and Enterprise Services license, please see the following release notes as a reference:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst4500/release/note/ol-37xe-4500e.html#pgfId-1298539

HTH

Thank you for finding that document, I feared that would be the answer having tested against the other platform. I'm left with questions.

Why does the feature navigator show that it is available in the lanbase image? It shows a number of differences when you compare lanbase to ipbase but FNF is in both. I've attached the output from the tool.

First image is lanbase, second image is ipbase.

What is the point of the tool if it doesn't accurately represent required licenses?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card