cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward one IP to another

njohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I have a unique situation.  I have a server that I lease that is hosted at a datacenter.  Our company is going to lease a half rack and put our own equipment in it as well as a disaster recovery site.  The problem is that the one server I mentioned has SQL on it and we have applications that were devloped in house ages ago that hit that SQL instance.  Those applications are hard coded to the IP address of that server.  We could just change it in the code, but the source code for one of the applications have disappeared over time.  Now that you know my situation, my question is this.  Can I make a NAT rule or something that says when traffic is destined for xxx.xxx.xxx.123, to re-routes it to xxx.xxx.xxx.321?  Currently our endpoint device here is a Cisco UC520.  The other end we have no control over.  Suggestions?

2 Replies 2

danbowencisco
Level 1
Level 1

yes or you could use a route map to amend the next hop the the SQL server you are talking about.

Dan

Thanks Daniel!  Does it matter that both of the IPs are public IPs on different vendor's networks?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco