cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Full Power Stack across 5 Switches and Partitioned Power Stack between 3 and 2 switches

blnprasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are planning to use 30cms Power Stack cable between our 5 Switches with 1 RU space between the switches as well. To maintain this 1 RU space and to make use of this 30cms Power stack Cable, I have designed two Options and those file are attached.

In both Option1 and Option2 Data Stack is fully redundant between 5 Switches.

In Option1- Power Stack is fully redundant- Can anyone please confirm whether it is fully redundant or not? Can we configure the Power Stack without any issues?

In Option2- Power Stack is partitioned- Here Power pool and redundancy will be between first 3 switches and second 2 switches separately, but not between all 5 switches. Data Stack is for all 5 Switches in Option2 also. Can we configure like this? Any disadvantages?

Please see the attachments and kindly let me know which option is fine to avoid complications during configuration.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

The maximum number of switches you can power stack together is 4. So, I would do option2.

I have done similar setup as option2 and the power redundancy works just fine.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/12-2_58_se/configuration/guide/3750xscg/swstkpwr.pdf

HTH

Hi,

So, will there be any difficulties to Data Stack with 5 switches when we use option2 (Partitioned Power Stack)

In your setup do you have the Data Stack for all 5 switches, for the one you are saying the Power Stack is as option2?

Thanks

Hi,

The power stacking is completely separate from data stacking.  So, you can data stack all 5 and power stack 3 and 2.

HTH

Hi,

Thanks a lot.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card