Views
Helpful
Replies

Gi0/0 down but show up?

ch.gehrig
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Cisco Forum,

we have WS-C3650-24TD switches with version 16.09.07 On these switches we have put port Gi0/0 so on port Gi1/0/24 to allow us to access the console directly via SSH.

Now we have again and again the problem that this connection is not accessible, neither by Ping or SSH.

Most of the time this happens by itself after a few minutes. But it is displayed in the monitoring.

Nothing is displayed in "Sh logging" and during such a failure via console on the switch Gi0/0 is displayed as UP status/protocol.

Also a "test gi0/0" shows nothing conspicuous. test int gi0/0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Passed 1 interfaces: 1 passed, 0 failed, 0 skipped, 0 untestable

What could be the reason for this? 

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Gi0/0 is the Management port.

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- FYI https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvd76906

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As Leo noted, gi0/0 is dedicated to out-of-band management, it is in its own VRF. Are you connecting this interface to an out-of-band management switch? Can you post "sh run" and also post the config from the switch you are connecting the management interface to?

HTH

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card