Views
Helpful
Replies

GLBP 3750-X

Michal Rzepecki
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

GLBP was introduces in IOS 15.2(2)E for Catalyst 3750-X platform.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750x_3560x/software/release/15-2_2_e/release/notes/OL32530.html

Is it also supported on 3750-X stack?

BR,

Michal

6 Replies 6

Mark Malone
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi
yes the software covers all platforms including when stacked , stacking is just a physical extra capability purchased
The features on the software would not change due to it

Does 15.2(4)E line also support GLBP?

so the way the trains work is the feature guide is for the 15.2.X release notes , so yes it would also be in 15(2)4 s its covered under same release guide , GLBP is a standard FHRP feature it would be in most releases

you can check where you download the software and filter through the actual config guide for each release but id be certain its there already

I just checked one of my stacks and its there even earlier at 15.0 , its known feature been around along time , i think its in nearly all ios/ios-xe switches but not nx-os , there ipservices switches i dont have low license 3750x stacks to test on

(config)#int vlan 152
(config-if)#g
(config-if)#glbp ?
<0-1023> Group number

(config-if)#do sh ver | i 15
Cisco IOS Software, C3750E Software (C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.0(2)SE11, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc3)
System image file is "flash:c3750e-universalk9-mz.150-2.SE11.bin"
* 1 54 WS-C3750X-48 15.0(2)SE11 C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M
2 54 WS-C3750X-48 15.0(2)SE11 C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M

actually if i search the link you agave its in there , you need a license though for FHRP ipbase or services

A client process such as HSRP, Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP), or Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (GLBP), can register its interest in tracking objects and then be notified when the tracked object changes state.
NoteNote

Enhanced Object Tracking is not supported on switches running the LAN Base image.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco