Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Great Fun & Stardust

Just have great fun on a layer2 3560 thanks to Cisco and Stardust!

So I just received a 3560 from Cisco as a replacement for an RMA. I updated the IOS, and after a reboot, was welcome to a funky looking prompt, and a "Welcome to Stardust!" banner. I thought this ws an old config, so I rebooted to do password recovery, renamed the config.text and booted. No joy, same prompt and banner. So now I'm looking at the flash and I see a IOS named C3560-dom-mz12.2.25r.SEB. I figure to rename it to n0-C3560xxx.SEB, just to see if that is the issue, WELL, I inadvertently rename the directory that contained the new IOS. Somehow the directory name was corrupted and I had to do an FSCK on the flash, which renamed the directory to 'lost+found' with a sub-directory 00464. Then I had to rename the .SEB file to some other extension, I know I could have just deleted it altogether. I finally get it booted to the new IOS, and cleaned up the flash drive. Lots of fun with Cisco.

Some things I learned: C3560-dom-mz12.2.25r.SEB is some type of  diagnostic  IOS used by Cisco

If you can't remane or boot from a file you can see in flash try FSCK

1 Reply 1

gamccorkle
Level 1
Level 1

Kevin,

I am sort of in the same boat.  I have a 2970 that's booting to stardust.  This is one of only 3 links found by google/bing mentioning stardust.   

My IOS folder was completely wiped so I'm not able to just rename it back.  Any idea how to reload the TAR and archive it out to reset the boot file?  Right now my 2970 is a nice brick.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card