cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hardware recommendation for redundant WAN connections

tfatheree
Level 1
Level 1

I am going to be connecting three sites, each approximately 3-4 miles apart from one another, with point-to-point wireless bridges.  Each site will have two independent bridges that each connect to bridges at the other two sites, creating a "ring".  The idea is that if any one radio link goes down, there will be a redundant path to keep communications up.  We estimate the speed of the wireless links will be in the 50-70Mbps range.  At each site, I need to connect the Ethernet connection from the two bridges into something, which then will go into a firewall.  My first thought was to connect the bridges into a router, but I've had a couple of people suggest that a better solution would be a layer 3 switch.  I figure I'll need to run some kind of routing protocol (EIGRP, OSPF), so any solution should support that.  Keeping in mind that price is always an issue, I'm interested in hearing suggestions on workable solutions.

I've included a diagram if it helps.  If possible, I'd appreciate a specific product recommendation.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

15 Replies 15

Got it . Thank you !

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card