cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Have a couple of questions about 2948g switchs

vatito7
Level 1
Level 1

Alright so here is the story: 15 year old from canada, bought 2 2948g switchs off craigslist for $20 each, i was wondering if 

A. these run catOS or ios? they currently have a 6.1 version of something from 2001... whether its catos or ios im not sure?

B. Is it possible to pass my ccna from learning with these switchs? of course i understand id need a couple of routers too, still on the hunt for those.

C. what is the factory reset instructions for these? they have no mode button..

D. where can i get an updated IOS/ catOS for these since they are EOL already

Side note: these are the original 2948g not the 2948g-ge-tx

EDIT: i tried some ios commands on them... "set ip http server enable" worked... thats an ios command right? im not crazy/stupid?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

A. these run catOS or ios? they currently have a 6.1 version of something from 2001... whether its catos or ios im not sure?

CatOS

B. Is it possible to pass my ccna from learining with these switchs? of course i understand id need a couple of routers too, still on the hunt for those.

Not snowball's chance in h3ll.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

CatOS

B. Is it possible to pass my ccna from learining with these switchs? of course i understand id need a couple of routers too, still on the hunt for those.

Not snowball's chance in h3ll.

as i just added in my edit: i tried some ios commands on them... "set ip http server enable" worked... thats an ios command right? im not crazy/stupid?

If the configuration command starts with a "set" instead of "config t", then it's CatOS.  

oh. i see. feel stupid now... thank you anyway. is there a solved button on these forums?

oh. i see. feel stupid now

You can still sell them if the switch works.

There should be an "Answered" button.

alright. thx.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card