Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Having problems sending simple PDU from laptop to PC

I am a university student who is currently studying networking. I am having a bit of a problem with one of my projects, where my laptops just refused to connects with anything past the point of my wireless routers (WRT300N) and i have no clue on what to do. I had attached my project with this post. Can someone tell me where i am wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

there are multiple problems with your topology:

- subnet 192.168.0.0/24 is configured on 3 different LANs

- the wireless routers have no WAN IP address

- the left and right routers have no static routes (and no redistribution into RIP) for the wireless LANS

- the wireless LANs have wrong subnet masks

I tried and correct as much as I could, find attached the revised file. What (if any) instructions are you following ?

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Hello,

there are multiple problems with your topology:

- subnet 192.168.0.0/24 is configured on 3 different LANs

- the wireless routers have no WAN IP address

- the left and right routers have no static routes (and no redistribution into RIP) for the wireless LANS

- the wireless LANs have wrong subnet masks

I tried and correct as much as I could, find attached the revised file. What (if any) instructions are you following ?

This is the video that i followed. I thought i followed it as closely as possible

Hello,

you followed the video to the point. The problem is: without (a lot of ) additional configuration, the wireless routers (and connected clients) will not be able to connect to the rest of the service. The video stops short of showing how to configure the network for full connectivity.

Where did you get this video ? I somehow suspect there might be a 'Part 2'...

I got it from my teacher. This is for one of my lab and he didnt say
anything about a part 2

I want to ask a few more questions, if you dont mind.

1. The file that you send me, is it normal that a simple pdu from the laptop to any PC is successful but not vice versa? I see that it says something about "the packet matches the criteria of the following statement: deny icmp any any. The packet is denied and dropped".

2. Why is it that a simple pdu (source left laptop | destination right laptop) fail? It seems that the package couldn't get pass the router and said that "the routing table does not have a route to the destination IP address. The device drop the package; is this where RIP or static routing needs to be configured?)

In Packet Tracer, to fix "the wireless routers have no WAN IP address", could you share how to add ip address of WAN on wireless router?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card