Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! 2851 Spitting out Symbols

Palmeto422
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am a networking student and was playing around with a  Cisco 2800 series router. Couldnt figure out the pwd or user name so was  following these steps from this KB

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps259/products_password_recovery09186a0080094675.shtml#ex_pass

for  PWD and User Reset..... Although by the time I got to selecting a  username and pwd the computer had went to sleep so I  started over  again.

When  I restarting this process I ejected the Flash memory told it to reset  but failed to reinsert the flash card before it rebooting....

now in the terminal I get symbols instead of words. What can I do ?

Thanks for taking the time to read this - Will

attached  is a photo of the issue

Router Stuff 2.JPG

1 Reply 1

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Will,

You may have a mismatch baud rate between the router and the emulator you are using.  Try changing the baud rate on the MS emulator to 9600 and try again.  First click on disconnect, then go to the property of the com port you are using then change the baud rate.  Start with 9600 if that does not work for you try the other numbers like 38400

HTH

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card