cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help configuring QoS on 6506-E, 3750 and 2960 for VC System (h.323)

Almas Saiyed
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I want to configure QoS for my VC system (Protocol used is h.323). Please advise me to configure QoS step by step. I have attached a diagram.

Thanks,

AS

4 Replies 4

Almas.

I see nobody has answered your query, that is most likely because there is a lot of documentation available on how to setup QOS.

you need to identify your VC traffic at the edges, that is Vlan 10 in your case. Is vlan 10 for VC traffic only? if it is then easy to mark vlan 10 traffic with a COS of 4 or DSCP of AF41 at the enry points of your VC devices. then trust the markings thru your network.

Dear Richard,

Thanks for update. VLAN 10 does not have only VC traffice. But we can create new VLAN for VC.

Please suggest.

Thanks,

AS

I see nobody has answered your query, that is most likely because there is a lot of documentation available on how to setup QOS.

Could be, another reason might be a lot of additional information is likely required, and a good answer would also likely require a tome.

You may want to consider retaining a network consultant, with QoS expertise.  For budgeting, allow for up to two weeks, but much might be provided in as little as a day.  Time required would depend much on what your needs truly are, and whether you just want a solution or something you understand and intend to support yourself.

pashtet13
Level 1
Level 1

I know it's been a while.

What worked for me was to configure Auto QoS.

Just use the following command on links between switches: auto qos voip trust

And this command on access ports where phones are plugged in: auto qos voip cisco-phone

These commands set the port trust state to trust CoS and DSCP values and it worked for my CIsco and Polycom phones.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card